Danang (Dunes) - Vietnam

Ngu Hanh Son,

• +84 (0) 511 3958 000

• Golf Club Website

• 12 miles SE of Danang international airport

• Welcome anytime, book in advance

• Craig Andrew Douglas

• Greg Norman

• Ben Style

Developed by VinaCapital and designed by Greg Norman, the Dunes course debuted in 2010, the first of two 18-hole championship layouts planned for Danang Golf Club.

The sandy soiled fairways on the Dunes course measure a total of 7,160 yards from the Shark tees and they lie on Vietnam’s central coast, next to My Khe Beach.

Highlight holes here include strong back-to-back par fives at the 4th and 5th and another long par five at the 10th that winds through dunes in the direction of the Marble Mountains. The 148-yard 16th is recognised as the signature hole, playing to a slightly raised green that’s framed by the East Sea and Cham Islands.

The Montgomerie Links course is located on an adjacent site to the Dunes fairways and both facilities are now being marketed, along with the new Nick Faldo design at Laguna Lang Co to the north of Danang, as must-play venues on the new Golf Coast Vietnam.

The tournament playing days of Norman, Montgomerie and Faldo are virtually over but all three golfing greats are still big draws when it comes to attracting golfing visitors to Vietnam.
If the above article is inaccurate, please let us know by clicking here

Reviews for Danang (Dunes)

Av. Reviewers Score:

Best course I've played in south-east Asia. I had to edit that opening - originally I had "best I'd played in Asia", but I'd forgotten about Kau Sai Chau in Hong Kong - that was just too spectacular) Although way overpriced, as seems the norm in Asian golf, at least this course left me feeling that I'd got something special back in return for the significant fees. The piece of land is perfect for golf with a sand base and plenty of Danang (Dunes) Golf Course - Photo by reviewerundulations and the layout takes great advantage of these. It's visually stunning; well kept by an obvious army of staff (but not manicured to within an inch of it's life like so many other resort courses!!! Big tick for that); and the design is a great mix of short and long holes. I especially loved the stretch from the 13th to the 17th. The long par 4 13th (index 1 and with good reason - good luck getting on for two), is followed by the two short par 4's at 14 and 15 (do you take driver on 14 and try to clear the bunker in the middle of the fairway or throttle down to 3w, but then 3w might reach the bunker as well, so can you aim left or right of it, or do you go down to hybrid or iron and then try to get close with a short iron??? so many choices; this is what makes golf fun!) then the feature hole par 3 16th looking at the ocean and then another long par 4 at 17 that is easier only if you have the right angle into the flag, but that makes the hole longer... Great stuff. I want to go back and play it again right now! Compulsory caddie again (personal hatred of mine) and yet Danang (Dunes) Golf Course - Photo by revieweragain someone who could only offer the barest of useful golf info. And this time there was complaining and dawdling (I try to walk whenever possible) due to the normal daytime heat and humidity. Should I have just pulled my clubs around by myself: I've done it hundreds of times before??? Also annoyed by the extreme mark-ups on everything (bottle of water for 10 times the price outside the course) and the nickel and diming nature of it. Why can't companies see that patrons are ALWAYS happier when they under-promise and then over-deliver, rather than the other way around. When I've paid well over USD100 for the green fee, why don't you surprise me by providing free range balls and a couple of bottles of water that probably only cost you 20c each? Clubhouse and staff all very nice and the cold shower in the locker room after the game was welcome. But for me, it's all about the golf and this course delivers. Much better than Montgomerie Links next door (which I'd played the previous day).
September 27, 2015

See other reviews from this reviewer
0 people found this review helpful
Respond to above review
Overrated. Played this track last week, thought it'd be up there with the best in Asia I've played (Red Mountain, Dalat, Siam), but not nearly as good or interesting. I found it a very up and down track, a couple of nice par 5s and a very nice par 3 (16th) but otherwise instantly forgettablee. Greens are excellent though hence 3 stars.Also beware of the F&B. Very expensive...A small bottle of perrier for over 7 USD!! Ridiculous.
August 13, 2015